Vacuum cleaner is a specialized piece of equipment indispensable in any household. They are, however, significant and hefty, making them unsuitable for families with limited room.
So that, a handheld vacuum cleaner is an excellent space-saving alternative for your home. You won’t have to be anxious about cleaning every part of your house because of a handheld cordless vacuum cleaner with the compact design, excellent mobility, and rechargeable batteries.
The section below is about how to use a hand vacuum cleaner simply and some tips to keep it always clean.
Uses of Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
The handheld vacuum cleaner is a scaled-down version of the standard vacuum cleaner and can access nooks and crannies that the traditional vacuum cleaner cannot.
It can be a great choice for cleaning your home, although it might be better to clean large areas at once. Here are some uses of a handheld vacuum cleaner:
Clean every corner of your home
With its highly portable and cordless feature, the handheld vacuum cleaner will help you clean dirt in tight crevices, hidden corners, or areas where traditional household vacuums are hard to reach, such as desks or dining tables, sofa, wardrobe.
Freshen up Upholstery, Pillows, and Carpets
Traditional cleaning methods do not remove allergies and dust mites from carpets and upholstery.
With a handheld vacuum cleaner, allergens, pet hair, and dust mites can be readily removed from pillows, rugs, and upholstery. Vacuuming shines the bed and upholstery while also removing odors.
Clean your car
Your cars will look great after being cleaned with a handheld vacuum cleaner. Car cabins should always be vacuumed because they are full of bacteria, dust mites, and viruses that can cause various health issues.
Cleaning the seats and carpets in a car cabin is simple, with a hand vacuum for the car.
Capture Excess Pet Hair
Hardwood floor cleaning is best done with large vacuums. However, utilizing hefty vacuum cleaners to remove extra pet hair is challenging.
This is where handheld pet vacuum comes in very handy. The convenient device can effortlessly access awkward and difficult-to-reach locations, lowering the likelihood of asthma and allergies.
How to Use a Handheld Vacuum to Clean Your Home?
Follow these steps to use the handheld vacuum cleaner properly and effectively.
The dust box or bag within the handheld vacuum cleaner should first be cleaned, and the suction port of the most substantial portable vacuum should also be checked for obstructions. If so, remove all the dust to ensure the device operates properly.
In use :
Begin cleaning your home using your handheld vacuum. Move the vacuum slowly over the surface, picking up all the debris.
When the dustbin is complete, turn off the handheld vacuum and empty the contents into a trash can. Some handheld vacuums may have a washable filter, so clean them regularly to maintain suction power.
#Note: Using handheld vacuum for stairs and upholstery may be difficult, but I have some tips to share with you:
– Begin at the top and descend the stairs. This will keep dirt from falling onto previously cleaned areas.
– When vacuuming upholstery, deep clean in different directions to ensure you catch all the dirt and debris lodged in the fibers.
– The crevice tool is a long, narrow attachment that can get into tight corners. Use it to clean the edges of stairs and around the furniture base.
– To avoid harming the fabric, a hand held vacuum cleans the upholstery gently. Avoid pressing too hard and use a delicate touch.
After use :
After cleaning, store your handheld vacuum in a safe and dry place. Make sure to always fully charge the battery to be ready for the next use.
For battery-powered handheld vacuums, you can follow these steps :
#Step 1 : Fully charge before first use or use it with a full battery.
#Step 2 : Press the power button to begin level 1 and again to begin level 2.
#Step 3 : To turn on the light, hold down the power button for 3 seconds. Then push again to turn it off.
#Step 4 : Aim the nozzle at the object to be cleaned, clean all narrow gaps, sweep away all the dust in cracks, including the air-blowing hose, and blow out the dust in blind corners.
Some common mistakes when using a handheld vacuum cleaner
Vacuum cleaners are increasingly commonly used in homes and companies; however, some people misuse them, causing some damage.
Here are some common errors:
Allow the handheld vacuum cleaner to run indefinitely.
While a corded vacuum cleaner may allow you to do so, the engine is easily overheated and damaged. If the machine cannot cool itself, it will burn and shorten its life. Allow it to rest every half hour.
Sucking up garbage or sharp items with a vacuum cleaner
You should know that liquids can produce a short circuit, and sharp objects can cause additional damage. As a result, continue using it to clean beverages or sensitive items without worrying about injury or danger.
Continue to use it even if there is a strange sound.
If the handheld vacuum cleaner produces an unusual noise, take it closely since it could indicate damage. A loud sound will be played to alert you if the suction pipe becomes clogged with debris or the engine overheats. In this scenario, you should keep using and testing right away.
Used dust bag
Some people are frugal to the point of expensive spending, even using a small hooded bag. Please, however, do not try to save a little and lose a lot. If there is any damage, fix or replace it right away.
Tips to clean the hand vacuum cleaner
The filter is likely blocked if the vacuum stops working or gets heat. Now you need to clean the filter.
Photo : Amazon
- Clean and Maintenance.
- Turn the dust cup to remove the dust bin.
- Pour out the dust and debris.
- Gently tap the filter to remove the dust attached.
- Clean the dust compartment filter with clean water.
- Dry all parts completely and then reassemble.
- Remove and dust off the filter.
We suggest removing and dusting off the filter after using it 2 to 3 times. Please wash the filter after using it 5 to 6 times.
It can be stored in the car after use.
How to replace the dust bag
Replacing the dust bag is one of the ways to limit the failure of the handheld vacuum cleaner.
- Press a button or latch and remove the cover to open the compartment.
- Remove the old dust bag by pulling it out of the compartment. Be careful not to spill any dust or debris.
- Check the new dust bag to make sure it is the exact size and type for your vacuum cleaner.
- Insert the new dust bag into the compartment, ensuring it is securely placed and the opening faces the vacuum’s suction port.
- Close the compartment cover and latch it into place.
How often you need to replace the dust bag will depend on how frequently you use your vacuum cleaner and how much dirt and dust you pick up.
Replacing your vacuum cleaner’s dust bag regularly ensures your machine works effectively and maintains good air quality in your home.
Maintain a handheld vacuum cleaner.
Maintaining a handheld vacuum cleaner is essential to ensure it works efficiently and lasts long. Here are some tips to keep your handheld vacuum cleaner in good condition:
- Empty the dustbin regularly: To maintain the suction power of your vacuum, you need to empty the dustbin regularly. Remove the dust and empty it into a garbage can.
- Clean the filter: Check your vacuum’s manual for instructions on how to clean the filter. If it’s a washable filter, and before reinstalling it, thoroughly dry it after giving it a good rinse in clean water.
- Check for blockages: If your handheld vacuum cleaner loses suction, it may be due to a blockage in the hose or nozzle. Check for blockages and remove any debris that may be clogging the vacuum.
- Charge the battery: Handheld vacuums are powered by rechargeable batteries. Charge the battery fully before using it. Also, avoid overcharging the battery, damaging it, and reducing its lifespan.
- Store the vacuum properly: Keep your hand vac in a cool, dry location when not in use.
Please follow these tips; you will ensure that your handheld vacuum cleaner works efficiently and lasts for a long time.
- What is the difference between sticks and handheld vacuum cleaners?
Stick and handheld vacuum cleaners are two different types of vacuum cleaners with different designs and intended uses.
- Stick vacuum cleaners: They are designed to be lightweight and easy to carry, often with a long handle that allows you to reach under furniture and in tight spaces easily.
- On the other hand, handheld vacuum cleaners are designed to be used in your hand for quick cleanups, such as spills or messes on furniture, stairs, or in your car.
The main difference between stick and handheld vacuum cleaners is their design and intended use. Stick vacuums are best for cleaning floors and carpets, while handheld vacuums are ideal for quick cleanups and hard-to-reach areas.
- How to deodorize the vacuum cleaner
To deodorize the handheld vacuum cleaner, you can use one of the following ways:
- Baking soda: Before vacuuming, liberally sprinkle baking soda on the carpet or floor. The baking soda can help absorb any unpleasant odor on the carpet or the floor.
- A carpet deodorizer: You can also purchase a carpet deodorizer designed explicitly for use with vacuum cleaners.
- Essential oils: Place a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball in the vacuum cleaner bag or dustbin. The essential oil can help mask any odor and leave a fresh scent behind.
The article will help you know how to use a vacuum cleaner effectively and maintenance methods to make it last longer.
Don’t hesitate to ask me if you have any questions regarding the above article.